Friday, March 6, 2015

Neccesary... Please Use It In a Sentence



I remember as a kid, my mom and dad going to a dinner theater. It seemed to be a big deal to my mom. She had her hair done, put on her best dress, and did the full makeup thing on her face. That's how we knew it was really big, when the lipstick went on. I was always fascinated at how my mom would blot her lipstick, leaving a perfect kiss on a Kleenex tissue. Anyway, as an adult I have never even thought of going to a 'Dinner' theater. It seemed to be one of those things done in the suburbs and smaller cities that didn't have access to real theater. I thought it was a bit low class. I was wrong. Last night Mark and I went to see "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee" at a small theater here in Fort Lauderdale. It was dinner theater, and it was the most civilized experience I have ever had going to the theater. Usually when Mark and I go out to a show, we leave the house early so that we can have dinner at a restaurant. Then we have to sit there and keep checking the time while wolfing down our food so that we won't be late for the show. Not last night. When we arrived at the theater we were ushered to our table and within minutes had two glasses of Chardonnay sitting in front of us. Ten minutes later dinner was served. It was great! The show started and we still had something to nosh on along with the wine. And the best part was that I wasn't stuffed into a tiny theater seat fighting with a stranger over the armrest. I had my own chair that I could move around in and turn to face whatever direction I  pleased. So we saw a great show, had some mediocre yet filling food, and enough wine to last until the cast took their last bow. The only thing missing was that Kleenex with the big red kiss on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment