Monday, December 15, 2014

Seasons Greetings



Scribble, scribble, scribble, stuff, lick, close.
Scribble, scribble, scribble, stuff, lick, close.
Scribble, scribble, scribble, stuff, lick, close.

Christmas card time. Mark helped a little bit this year, but still I'm scribbling our best wishes card by card, stuffing them in the envelopes, and sealing them. The problem is that the older I get, the worse my handwriting is and the more my fingers hurt. I remember my mom doing Christmas cards when I was a kid. I think she may have had to do a couple of hundred, all by hand. Amazingly, her handwriting was still beautiful even by the time she got to card number two hundred. Some years ago I switched from hand addressed cards to printed labels, but there was still the little note inside along with our love. This year, after doing a few cards, I realized that my handwriting was so bad that some people may not be able to read them, or even know who sent it to them. So I have switched to pre-printed signatures. I'm so very sorry if it seems a little impersonal, but at least I haven't switched to E-Cards. I am still making the effort to send something you can hold in your hand and tape to the living room mirror. Conversely, if you have issues with arthritis or other painful maladies, I don't mind getting a pre-printed card. I like getting Christmas cards. So for those of you who get a card in the mail that looks like it was sent by your insurance agent, don't throw it away. Take a closer look, it may be the one Mark and I sent you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment