Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Waking Dead



I was sitting in my big fluffy chair a couple of weeks back, watching The Strain on television, and from behind me I heard this.
"What is that? Oh my god, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh.....  "
It was Mark screaming and running out of the room. Mark cannot handle gory, scary, TV shows and he just happened to wander by while one of the vampire beasts was feeding on some poor schmuck. Between The Strain and The Walking Dead there must be a shortage of stage blood in Hollywood, they use a lot of it. I am not above feeling like Mark does about the gore. I just have to keep telling myself that it's only a television show. Monday evening I started watching the latest episode of The Walking Dead. It was pretty intense when they dragged some of the people into a blood stained room, but what I was looking at were some new characters in the show. I was thinking, 'Oh, there's a nice looking blond guy...' and then they hit him in the head with a bat. I had forgotten one of the cardinal rules of horror shows. If an unknown person is brought into a scene, they will not survive very long. That was about ten minutes into the episode. I turned it off. I had forgotten one of my cardinal rules about horror shows. I never watch them at night, only in the daytime. I need those extra hours to flush that crap out of my mind. Sure enough, I had some horrible dreams Monday night and I'm not talking about the usual bad dreams that revolve around Mark.

2 comments:

  1. Your sink story is scarier than the Walking Dead or Strain to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomorrow's story will be even scarier.

    ReplyDelete