Friday, October 3, 2014

Politically Incorrect Summer

Back when I was a kid the Chicago Tribune used to run these pictures along with the story called Injun Summer. They stopped running it in 1992 because it used some terms that made people uncomfortable. The same reason some people don't want to read the original version of Huck Finn. Injun Summer was written from the viewpoint of an old white farmer back around the year 1900. It always gave me the chills, and each autumn I could imagine the souls of all the dead Indians around me. I don't think the story is that offensive in context. At least it reminds us of what was here before the European invasion.  Click here to read the story of Injun Summer.


1 comment:

  1. I knew it was really fall when those pictures came out. PC or not, I always enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete